Furry anatomy.

For all things furry!
Orithan
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Red Fox

Furry anatomy.

Postby Orithan » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:44 pm

What are your thoughts on furry anatomy?

In regards to furry anatomy, I much prefer to see them with mostly human features. I mainly like fur, tail, the typical furry head and even paw pads on my anthro character. Not my cup of tea? The digigrade animal legs are the main thing I see frequently in art that bugs me. Those legs were designed for quadripedal ferals who need to run fast, not bipedal anthros who normally need to remain balanced on two legs.

(FYI, keep the NSFW side to it out of here - there is a thread elsewhere for that)
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Species: Eastern Quoll

Re: Furry anatomy.

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:21 am

I'm of mixed mind. I don't mind digigrade animals in art but I prefer the look of plantigrade fursuits.
My fursona is sort of halfway between them. I'll show you what I mean by uploading my ref sheet as soon as it's done. :)

One thing I can't stand is the anime-style of anthropomorphic animal where the character just looks like a human with ears and a tail. I like my animals to actually look and feel like animals.
Frostwood Forever! <3

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the incredible Rick Griffin and coloured by the amazing Arty Stu!
FoxTailedCritter
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: ►Vampire fox

Postby FoxTailedCritter » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:02 am

Hmmmm Quite amusing, I've been in the fandom over 5 years and never really thought hard about this.
Well every picture of my fursona has been Plantigrade though I too like the look of digitigrade on fursuiters.

Everything you say or do has ripple effects....
Be the change you want to see in the world.
Marcwolf
Admin
Admin
Species: Abysinnian Wolf

Postby Marcwolf » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:58 pm

I have always seen Marc as digitigrade. , with the advantage that if he needs to carry something very heavy then he can go plantigrade (painful but yes he can)
snappyfox
King of the Foxes
King of the Foxes
Species: angel fox dragon hybrid

Postby snappyfox » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:22 am

I think it depends on the type of character if its a modern style character a say plant grade but if its a fantasy character I say digitigrade
snappy is digitigrade oh and for the hands I've always gone with five fingers only go for 4 if its a chibi furry
IdleCurator
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby IdleCurator » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:44 pm

Furrhan Blackwood wrote:I'm of mixed mind. I don't mind digigrade animals in art but I prefer the look of plantigrade fursuits.

One thing I can't stand is the anime-style of anthropomorphic animal where the character just looks like a human with ears and a tail. I like my animals to actually look and feel like animals.
I agree I don't really make any sort of connection between the anime anthros and the rest of the fandom because ether are too dissimilar.
I much prefer plantigrade legs in drawings and fursuits, I always found digigrade to look a little awkward when standing, although they don't put me off, I can still enjoy comics with such style like Savestate.

Generally in art I much prefer the characters to be completely covered in fur, with the head of the animal species and plantigrade legs. Like in the Housepets comic.