Furry diets

For all things furry!
Orithan
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Red Fox

Furry diets

Postby Orithan » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:04 pm

If furries were real, what would their diets be?
I would imagine that a furries' digestive system, and therfore diets, would not be that much different to ours. While the exterior of the furry is very different to us, their upright stance and other anatomical features would have similar requirements to us.
Talinart
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Lynx

Re: Furry diets

Postby Talinart » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:52 pm

I've always pictured that the diets would be the same, though there would probably be more vegetarians.
I also personally imagine that fishmongers would do a roaring trade to felines X3
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Species: Eastern Quoll

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:47 pm

I always thought diets would be human-influenced yet still match the natural diet/requirements of the species. For example, meat eaters would need a lot of meat in their diet but vegans like rabbits would eat only veggies, yet both might at a burger, only the rabbits would have veggie burgers in place of the meat patties that, say, foxes might have.
Frostwood Forever! <3

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the incredible Rick Griffin and coloured by the amazing Arty Stu!
Wererstritchy
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: Goat

Postby Wererstritchy » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:51 pm

It's actually interesting to have a look at some of the things that cats and dogs can't eat.

Alcohol is actually bad for all things. But when you have a smaller animal, the same amount that you'd drink in one sitting is deadly to them. Size matters, you cannot drink an elephant under the table if you're a house cat.

Theobromine, Theophylline and caffeine are out, goodbye coffee, chocolate and tea. Those would all have to be re-made to exclude those products and find some other sort of eye-opener.

There's a lot... but one /big/ thing I've noticed is grapes/raisins. Birds do not like them, they are bad for dogs, bad for cats... it's like a fruit made for specific animals only. Possibly because we've modified it so much.

Onions... garlic... you got a whole world out there that you just shut down because you are now an intolerant animal. Humans are endurance kings! You would have to re-do spices, know what foods you need, how much of it, and what's your weak points. Your diet is going to have to go on overhaul!
Talinart
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Lynx

Postby Talinart » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:19 pm

...but one big thing I've noticed is grapes/raisins.
To be fair, most humans hate raisins too :D
you got a whole world out there that you just shut down because you are now an intolerant animal
Your comment just got me thinking of all the animals that live on carrion (i.e. roadkill). Can you imagine that cuisine as a fast food restaurant alongside a motorway?
"Carl's Carriagway Carrion Carry Away"
Wererstritchy
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: Goat

Postby Wererstritchy » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:28 pm

Well... grapes and raisins are /toxic/ to cats and dogs... so it's not acceptable as food.

And I can imagine! Strong stomach acids!
FoxTailedCritter
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: ►Vampire fox

Postby FoxTailedCritter » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:32 am

With my FANGZ you would expect me to be a bloodthirsty carnival... But I would probably just be eatin marshmallows if I was a real anthro. ;<
Everything you say or do has ripple effects....
Be the change you want to see in the world.