Any North Queensland or Townsville furries?

For all things furry!
aye_tasho
Newcomer
Newcomer

Any North Queensland or Townsville furries?

Postby aye_tasho » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:07 pm

Haha hey everyone! I'm really quite new here in the furry fandom so cut me come slack... I'll introduce myself too!

My OOC name is Caitlin, that's all I'll say and unfortunately I don't have a fursona yet... I've been working on design, but nothing really feels right that's all.

Also I'm from Townsville which is in North Queensland so if anyone here if from Townsville well... I'd like to get to know you!
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Species: Eastern Quoll

Re: Any North Queensland or Townsville furries?

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:53 pm

Hiya, Caitlin, and welcome to Furstralia!

It just so happens that I'm currently living in Townsville and will be living there for the next few months! Would be great to meet another fur in the flesh!

What sort of designs have you come up already? Perhaps some of us here can help you come up with a design you like?
Frostwood Forever! <3

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the incredible Rick Griffin and coloured by the amazing Arty Stu!
Foxy_Malone
Admin
Admin
Species: Snow Leopard

Postby Foxy_Malone » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:08 pm

there is a north qld fur group if you are on fb https://www.facebook.com/groups/592084114197286/
aye_tasho
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby aye_tasho » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:43 pm

Furrhan Blackwood wrote:Hiya, Caitlin, and welcome to Furstralia!

It just so happens that I'm currently living in Townsville and will be living there for the next few months! Would be great to meet another fur in the flesh!

What sort of designs have you come up already? Perhaps some of us here can help you come up with a design you like?

Really!? That's awesome! I wish I could meet up... But I'm way too young, and I'm sure my parents would be wary about meeting someone I know on the web.

Anyway, so far I've confirmed that my fursona will be a bird. Firstly, I can draw them the best and secondly, they're my favourite animals! I did have a character called Tequila in mind, she was a purple parrot, with pink, purple and blue on her wings, orange legs, orange beak, white chest with a purple line following the feathers at the bottom but that's it... At first I was happy with her, but now I'm not - so yeah I'm open to suggestions haha!
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:50 pm

No worries. It's definitely a big step and I'd never ask you to do anything you or your parents weren't comfortable with. And if anyone on here does do that then let me know and I'll kick their butt for you. :P

Sounds like an interesting character. :) May I ask what you're not happy with about her?

The first suggestion I'd make, since I don't know you yet, is what do you want to represent about yourself with your fursona and what sort of personality do you want the fursona to have? Because those will shape the design.
Frostwood Forever! <3

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the incredible Rick Griffin and coloured by the amazing Arty Stu!
aye_tasho
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby aye_tasho » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:55 pm

Furrhan Blackwood wrote:No worries. It's definitely a big step and I'd never ask you to do anything you or your parents weren't comfortable with. And if anyone on here does do that then let me know and I'll kick their butt for you. :P

Sounds like an interesting character. :) May I ask what you're not happy with about her?

The first suggestion I'd make, since I don't know you yet, is what do you want to represent about yourself with your fursona and what sort of personality do you want the fursona to have? Because those will shape the design.

Haha! It's all good don't worry, I'm sure perhaps once I'm older (if you're even still in the area) we could organise a meet-up!

Anyways well honestly, I really can't pinpoint what I dislike about her... She just doesn't feel right, I have several other characters, one of which I feel very connected to (I use my characters for roleplay) and I've also had the longest, but I don't really want to suit or have that one as my fursona because whilst that character is very complex and interesting, it doesn't represent me.

Should I upload a picture of what my design was at first perhaps?
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:09 pm

Yeah, maybe one day!

Sure, if you want. It would be good to see.

Since you're that unsatisfied though, I'd probably start afresh. Think of what animals you really like and what animals you think could represent you.
Frostwood Forever! <3

tjrawr01
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: feline

Postby tjrawr01 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:38 am

Dunno if this post is still relative but I'd love to meet some locals here in Townsville. Gets boring not knowing anyone