For all things furry!
furtraveller
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: marsican bear

hello :3

Postby furtraveller » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:19 am

Hello everyone

I don't know if i can write it here, if i can't please cancel this post :)
In december/january for 25 days i was in Australia for a relax travel.
From 25 to 28 december i was in Perth, from 29 december to 8 january i was in Sydney, from 8 to 16 i was in Melbourne ( 8/9/10/11 i was at confurgence).
If there is someone that can help me to find and visit some beautiful place, or meet me please contact me :)

Thanks all and excuse me for bad english :)
furtraveller
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: hello :3

Postby furtraveller » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:36 pm

No one? :(
Foxy_Malone
Admin
Admin
Species: Snow Leopard

Postby Foxy_Malone » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:11 pm

Well it looks like you havent been to Queensland before, its well worth visiting, also the Northern territories ( I havent been there so I cant recommend places)
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Species: Eastern Quoll

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:12 am

Hiya, furtraveller, and welcome to the forums! Feel free to ask if there's anything we can do to help you out while you're here.

What sort of beautiful places do you want to visit? If you're interested in nature then you'll need to head out of the cities a bit.

I'm not sure what's around Perth but Sydney has easy access to the Blue Mountains via train and those are gorgeous and full of waterfalls!
I think for Melbourne you might need to head out a little further from the city though... It's only a short drive (about two hours) from there to the Great Ocean Road though and that's worth a visit.
Frostwood Forever! <3

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the incredible Rick Griffin and coloured by the amazing Arty Stu!
Talinart
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Lynx

Postby Talinart » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:45 am

First thing you need to be remember when visiting Australia - most points of interest in Australia are quite far away. For example a trip from Sydney to the Blue Mountains is about two hours by train (1.5 hours by car if the traffic is good), and that is considered close by Australian standards.

Another thing to remember - the three weeks you are here are Australia's main school holiday - be prepared for large crowds. Particularly during the New Years Eve Fireworks when you are in Sydney - due to the large numbers of people that will be in the city on that night, the government will close off parts of the city on the 31st of December so it may be hard to travel around Sydney Harbour.

The three cities you mentioned (Perth, Sydney and Melbourne) have everything you would expect in a modern city: fine dining, nice bars, shopping centres, markets, zoos, aquariums, modern and colonial architecture, and reasonable public transport. Being on the coast (Sydney or near the coast (Perth & Melbourne), there are public beaches nearby as well.
From your comment, it sounds like you are more interested in seeing the natural environment and these cities have lots of places to see.

If you are looking for large public gardens, each city has a botanical garden near the city centre: If you are willing to travel further, there are National Parks usually just outside the city limits: If you are interested in museums or art galleries, there are quite a few to choose from. My personal preferences are: If you are still looking for places to see when you are here, you should go to the nearest visitor centre when you arrive (your hotel will be able to tell you where they are). The visitor centre will be able to tell you the best places to go in your area for what you are interested in, how to get there, what it will cost, etc. They are your best option when first visiting Australia.
FoxTailedCritter
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: ►Vampire fox

Postby FoxTailedCritter » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:56 pm

HELLO & WELCOME. :)
Everything you say or do has ripple effects....
Be the change you want to see in the world.
furtraveller
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby furtraveller » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:45 am

Thanks for the info that you give me.
I hope to meet all of you at confurgence and maybe during my days in Perth and in Sydney :)
If you know some furry party in Sydney during the last day of the year i was honored to ask for a spot :3

Sorry for bad english :p
Talinart
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Lynx

Postby Talinart » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:09 am

I'm sorry, but I am not aware of any furry parties in Sydney on New Years Eve.
In any case, I wish you good luck and safe travels on your trip to Australia.