Getting Involved in the Fandom?

For all things furry!
Snowy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Snow Leopard

Getting Involved in the Fandom?

Postby Snowy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:46 pm

Hey everyone I'm Snowy, and I'm from Melbourne. I'm new here to the forums and the fandom in general so I don't have a solid fursona yet (but I know I want to be a snow leopard and I thought snowy was a good name ^_^ and I was a furry before I knew being a furry was a thing ;P

I've joined this forum and FA, but I'd like to know some ways of getting more involved in the furry community, I don't think I'll be going to any cons for a while (I haven't told anyone about my furryness) but I'll probably go to supernova. If anyone knows some good websites, games, facebook groups etc. that would be greatly appreciated.

Also any tips on creating a fursona would be good because it seems harder to involve yourself in the fandom without having a fursona.

I'm looking forward to getting more involved in the fandom and talking to some furs and meeting some irl and of course going to
cons eventually. :)
Foxy_Malone
Admin
Admin

Re: Getting Involved in the Fandom?

Postby Foxy_Malone » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:38 pm

first of all good choice in fursona ;)
if you go to the state section of the forums you'll see links to the facebook groups in Melbourne and also a few Australia wide ones. Confurgence is the main Melbourne con and its going to be in January 2017
Snowy
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Snowy » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:51 pm

Thanks Foxy_Malone :) good to see another snow leopard, I might go to conference in 2017.
I'll definitely go to supanova, I've heard a few furs go to that :P
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Species: Eastern Quoll

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:39 pm

Hi, Snowy!
FA is still the main furry place despite all the constant drama and controversies there. Weasyl and Furry Network are great furry places to be too! Also, just keep your eyes open and follow links around the place and you should find lots of furry friends! Cons are a great way to meet a whole lot of furs at once too but they are a bit... Full-on for people new to the fandom. I'd suggest joining some furry facebook groups and meeting some local furs in your area first! There are heaps of furs in Melbourne! Here's a group of Victorian furs that meet in Melbourne regularly. Also, Here's a big group of furs from Melbourne.
I hope that helps!

Finally, don't be shy! Most furries I've met are friendly and great people so just be brave and start talking to people and you'll find yourself drawn right into the fandom!
Frostwood Forever! <3

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the incredible Rick Griffin and coloured by the amazing Arty Stu!
Snowy
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Snowy » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:46 pm

Thanks Furrhan :) I'll check those links out ^_^