Collars

For all things furry!
Inkfeather
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Fox

Collars

Postby Inkfeather » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:18 pm

What about a more subtle, slimmer collar for those who aren't keen on a full collar? A collar/necklace hybrid maybe! :wgrin:
CuriousDragon
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Dragon

Collars

Postby CuriousDragon » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:42 pm

What about a more subtle, slimmer collar for those who aren't keen on a full collar? A collar/necklace hybrid maybe! :wgrin:[/quote]
what would that look like?
KeioWolf
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Wolf

Collars

Postby KeioWolf » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:09 pm

What about a more subtle, slimmer collar for those who aren't keen on a full collar? A collar/necklace hybrid maybe! :wgrin:[/quote]
what would that look like?[/quote]

a stiff necklace??
Inkfeather
Newcomer
Newcomer

Collars

Postby Inkfeather » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:26 pm

Kinda like this :wp: Like a collar but half the thickness?
minicollar.JPG
The pic makes it look bigger than it is xD its only about 1/2 inch wide :3
EldarichkMane
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Lion

Collars

Postby EldarichkMane » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:11 am

So, does anyone have any advice on reversing and preventing copper corrosion, or whatever that weird and gross green slime around the metal happens to be? Because I keep battling it on my good collar, but to no avail, and I'm actually contemplating turfing it for a new model (which is a shame, because I really like that collar).
Tiikerien_Hitsuji
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Siberian Tiger/Husky hybrid

Collars

Postby Tiikerien_Hitsuji » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:22 pm

So, does anyone have any advice on reversing and preventing copper corrosion, or whatever that weird and gross green slime around the metal happens to be? Because I keep battling it on my good collar, but to no avail, and I'm actually contemplating turfing it for a new model (which is a shame, because I really like that collar).[/quote]

That definitely sounds like corrosion, from what I recall from metalwork in high school.
As I recall, a good polishing takes care of that, though if you're doing it by hand, it may take a while.
As for prevention, all I can think of is give it a wipe with a clean cloth, then a light polish every so often.
Someone better educated on this subject can correct me if I'm wrong.
Inkfeather
Newcomer
Newcomer

Collars

Postby Inkfeather » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:07 pm

So, does anyone have any advice on reversing and preventing copper corrosion, or whatever that weird and gross green slime around the metal happens to be? Because I keep battling it on my good collar, but to no avail, and I'm actually contemplating turfing it for a new model (which is a shame, because I really like that collar).[/quote]

That definitely sounds like corrosion, from what I recall from metalwork in high school.
As I recall, a good polishing takes care of that, though if you're doing it by hand, it may take a while.
As for prevention, all I can think of is give it a wipe with a clean cloth, then a light polish every so often.
Someone better educated on this subject can correct me if I'm wrong.[/quote]

That's right! And I haven't tried it myself but some leather conditioner with beeswax in it might help stop future corrosion :3
EldarichkMane
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Lion

Collars

Postby EldarichkMane » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:37 pm

Thanks, guys! Now to explore Sydney and find a good bottle of beeswax leather cleaner. If it works, it will come highly recommended. If it doesn't, I have SAX down the road and they're actually really good for collars.

But the polishing first and foremost, to be certain.
lindrak
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Lapine (Rabbit :3)

Collars

Postby lindrak » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:47 am

Hmm, well i hope to buy a collar and other stuff online over the next two weeks. Hopefully no-one else opens the package!
JoshWolf
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Wolf

Collars

Postby JoshWolf » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:26 pm

I used to wear a collar...Until my room mate/best friend decided they weren't a furry anymore and asked me to stop.
I would upload a photo, But it is too big and i am cbf fixing that.
But i am wearing it in my facebook pic :P
If you really want to see it then my facebook is joshua williams.