Wererstritchy says: I guess I should explain myself...

For anything that refuses to fit anywhere else!
Wererstritchy
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: Goat

Postby Wererstritchy » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:08 am

I've been away for the better part of this month, and this is because i've been moving! It's been an exciting time for me, as I've wanted to move since my last place I moved to, to something that suited my needs better. And thus, I have, and am very happy. It's still unpacking time for me, but I have a lot of stuff already organised.
I also had no internet, so what I could post was on my phone... and it wasn't very easy to do so.

Finally, i've been working on doing voice acting and voice narration, so I have now set up a miniature booth to help me do work in the area. It's going to take a while for it to kick off, but hopefully things will work out well.
CuriousDragon
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Dragon

Postby CuriousDragon » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:02 pm

ooh voice acting. Any type of media you're doing it specifically for?
Sebastian
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic
Species: wallaby/chameleon hybrid

Postby Sebastian » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:17 pm

I can remember the excitement of each of my three moves. The first was the best - I got away from my control-freak parents.

Glad to hear that you've moved into better premesis!
Tusk
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Tusk » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:54 pm

Happy house warming! Hope it all goes really well for you. The key is dont stress about unpacking everything right away. Just settle in and relax. Enjoy your new house wererstrichy.
"Dumbness causes pain"
"Shhhh. My common sense is tingling"
Wererstritchy
Furstralian
Furstralian

Postby Wererstritchy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:30 am

For voice overs, I'm doing stuff through VoiceBunny, and I also hope to get some private commissions to do it. Most of what I'm doing is more volunteer work. Currently it's for ads, and audiobook style, but I hope to do all sorts of creative projects. I just have to show what I can do, and put out enough material and get enough people to know that I'm good.

That's the main challenge.
FoxTailedCritter
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: ►Vampire fox

Postby FoxTailedCritter » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:09 pm

Whooaaa coool~!
Everything you say or do has ripple effects....
Be the change you want to see in the world.
Wererstritchy
Furstralian
Furstralian

Postby Wererstritchy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:06 pm

A giant heads up for everybody. I have a new job starting second week of February. I will be working effectively two jobs, one full time, one part time. This will be coupled with the fact that I will have to study as well. I will not likely be able to make it to Furstralia during the month of February, except for the occasional post. This is a big time for me as I'm finally moving to a career job, and I want to get it down pat as soon as possible.

Sorry for my absence in advance! Things are going to get bumpy in the next few weeks while I prepare myself.
Tusk
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Tusk » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:44 pm

Grats Wererstritchy. Hope the new job goes well and you really enjoy it.
"Dumbness causes pain"
"Shhhh. My common sense is tingling"
Wererstritchy
Furstralian
Furstralian

Postby Wererstritchy » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:52 am

I had a wonderful month so far. I have two really inspiring stories.

First one was at work.

I was working like I usually do, then it started to absolutely pour down! I looked outside to see what was going on, and saw another person from another store who was carrying cardboard to the bin outside.

Without thinking, I ran outside to help her put the cardboard in, and to get her out of the rain as quickly as possible. It didn't matter how quickly I tried to do it, we were both drenched. I went back to work thinking nothing of it.

Later, she comes to my shop, and hands me over a box of chocolates! She appreciated that I ran out to help her so much! I let her take a few and shared the rest with my staff.

The second one is much more personal.

I was having a lazy day, when I get a phone call that I was getting two wardrobes in my house, one for me and my brother. My mother called, so I thought she had gone out of the way, and got these for us. Later, I thanked her for getting them when she told me she didn't actually do that. A friend did.

This friend, I talked to, curious as to why she got us these two beautiful cupboards in our house.

It turns out that my brother and I had talked to her daughter, and helped her come out of her shell. she was a very shy girl, who was badly traumatized in regards to male company. My brother and I simply went about, doing what we do every week when we're with kids, bit by bit, unknowingly, helping a little girl to be happy again.

I am amazed how people spot these kindnesses, I barely notice them myself... but it's these reasons, these reactions, these smiles of thankfulness... it's these things I want to treasure and hold in my heart.

January has been very good to me.
Sebastian
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic
Species: wallaby/chameleon hybrid

Postby Sebastian » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:41 pm

Wonderful stories. It's nice to know there are still people out there who appreciate good samaritans and are willing to show their gratitude.

Of course it's nice to know that the good samaritan exists first of all, Werestritchy :)