Recent posts list

Having problems? Like what you see here? Got a great idea for improving the forums? Something you think we could do better? Tell us all about it here! Need urgent support or can't access your account? Email us at support@fustralia.com
Forum rules
Need urgent support or can't access your account? Email us at support@furstralia.com
Sebastian
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic
Species: wallaby/chameleon hybrid

Recent posts list

Postby Sebastian » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:22 am

This is more of a question rather than reporting a problem...

If I get logged out, is there a way to look up recent posts? Soon as you're logged out you can no longer use View New Posts. Is there a way to specify a time in the URL? Eg: 24 hours?

It was my own mistake just now; an E-mail came in while I was viewing the forum and I accidentaly closed the browser window instead of the E-mail, causing me to be logged out. I have however had situations where I've been typing up a post or a PM and the forum engine has become impatient with me then kicked me out. Actually that *is* a bit of a nuisance - it tends to do that after only a few minutes.
Zwabbe
Furstralia Founder
Furstralia Founder
Species: Snow Leopard

Recent posts list

Postby Zwabbe » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:33 am

Does the view unread posts option work?

search.php?search_id=unreadposts

As for timing out if you choose the always keep me logged in option that should prevent it. depends if you don't mind leaving yourself logged in.
Sebastian
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic
Species: wallaby/chameleon hybrid

Recent posts list

Postby Sebastian » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Does the view unread posts option work?

search.php?search_id=unreadposts[/quote]That's certainly an option - thanks. Might leave ambiguity though if I can't recall which threads I've been into. Eg: I often log in on-the-go from my iPhone where it's easy to forget which pages I've opened because you can't view them as tabs like you can with Firefox or Iexp. Quite often I'm trying to view threads standing on the train; one hand on the iPhone and the other holding something to keep myself upright. This is also another situation where I can get logged out; if the signal is disconnected.

As for timing out if you choose the always keep me logged in option that should prevent it. depends if you don't mind leaving yourself logged in.[/quote]Should be Ok; I don't use public computers. Cheers Zwabbe! :wgrinn:
Spi Cybershark
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: Cybershark

Recent posts list

Postby Spi Cybershark » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:36 pm

Sounds exactly what 'View active topics' is there for (sorry for lack of link, replying on phone - but it is next to View New Posts), which defaults to threads updated in the last 7 days. :)
Fuzzyball
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Snowliopard

Recent posts list

Postby Fuzzyball » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:43 am

Sounds exactly what 'View active topics' is there for (sorry for lack of link, replying on phone - but it is next to View New Posts), which defaults to threads updated in the last 7 days. :)[/quote]
Yeah, but that doesn't work when you're not logged in.