Flagging/Reporting Spammy users

Having problems? Like what you see here? Got a great idea for improving the forums? Something you think we could do better? Tell us all about it here! Need urgent support or can't access your account? Email us at support@fustralia.com
Forum rules
Need urgent support or can't access your account? Email us at support@furstralia.com
FoxTailedCritter
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: ►Vampire fox

Postby FoxTailedCritter » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:43 pm

ich verstehe nicht, wher e this spam is coming from.
Still Sebastian should be back soon. O.o
Everything you say or do has ripple effects....
Be the change you want to see in the world.
Sebastian
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic
Species: wallaby/chameleon hybrid

Postby Sebastian » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:37 pm

Hi Guys.

Yeah, I'm back. Was just telling Wererstritchy I've had a really bad run with my health lately. Cold virus 3 weeks ago, neck vertibrae out of alingment a fortnight ago and I'm just getting over some kind of stomach pain (infection, or whatever - the doctors didn't really give me a clear idea of the problem).

I've just now cleared up some spam. Yes, please keep flagging spam posts without replying to the actual post. Also, if there's a sudden rash of spam please feel welcome to PM me so that I know about it sooner. The spammers seem to know that when the cat's away the mice will play. Just subsitite foxaroo for cat, and spammers for mice.
Wererstritchy
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: Goat

Postby Wererstritchy » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:33 pm

It might be an idea to put that in your signature. "If you see a spammer, please flag the topic and move on. If the spamming is getting rather bad, PM me, and I'll notice this faster." or something?
FoxTailedCritter
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: ►Vampire fox

Postby FoxTailedCritter » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:52 am

^ OI, I get the point. . . >_>
I understand Seb, i will listen to a real moderator.
Everything you say or do has ripple effects....
Be the change you want to see in the world.
Sebastian
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic
Species: wallaby/chameleon hybrid

Postby Sebastian » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:21 pm

It might be an idea to put that in your signature. "If you see a spammer, please flag the topic and move on. If the spamming is getting rather bad, PM me, and I'll notice this faster." or something?[/quote]Good idea, done!

^ OI, I get the point. . . >_>
I understand Seb, i will listen to a real moderator.[/quote]LOL. I'm just a regular one of you. The only difference is that I now have a responsibility to watch over the forum and where possible curb spam and other innapropriate behavior. Health problems have interfered with this just over the last few weeks, but I have deleted a few accounts created by spammers after checking that there were no legitimate posts on the same usernames.

I've also found that the firewall on my computer at work blocks some functions, and nor does the iPhone work well with the current forum engine either. It looks like I have best control only when I'm at home.

(Like for example I'm unable to add another post to the Countdown thread because the scroll-down bar is missing when I'm using Furstralia on my work PC)