self deleting posts

Having problems? Like what you see here? Got a great idea for improving the forums? Something you think we could do better? Tell us all about it here! Need urgent support or can't access your account? Email us at support@fustralia.com
Forum rules
Need urgent support or can't access your account? Email us at support@furstralia.com
snappyfox
King of the Foxes
King of the Foxes
Species: angel fox dragon hybrid

self deleting posts

Postby snappyfox » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:46 am

umm Hi every time I try to make a post on a discussion it sometimes deletes itself I thought it was my computer but every computer I use seems to to the same thing so I was wondering if it is an actual problem with furstralia it's been happening to me for about 3 weeks now
Wererstritchy
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: Goat

self deleting posts

Postby Wererstritchy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:29 am

Hmm... Question do all of them have touchpads?

What I've noticed is that if I'm making a long post and hit my touchpad, it inexplicably deletes itself. I figured it was just mine, as I have only one computer, and it's been terribly buggy as of late..

If you have a long post, I suggest writing it in notepad first just to be safe.

Please keep an eye on it, and make note of when it happens. Anything to help source out the issue will be helpful. I'll talk with MarcWolf to see if we can find the issue.

I'll talk to MarcoWolf to see if we can source the issue.
snappyfox
King of the Foxes
King of the Foxes
Species: angel fox dragon hybrid

self deleting posts

Postby snappyfox » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:24 pm

ok thanks but only one of my computers is touch pad and both of them do it
Sebastian
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic
Species: wallaby/chameleon hybrid

self deleting posts

Postby Sebastian » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:18 pm

Hey Snappyfox!

If this is what I think it is, then you're not alone and I have a suspicion about the cause. It happens very frequently on my work computer and is a pain in the neck. I've noticed the moments that it does so, and I believe they're when the forum engine attempts to save what you've typed so far, but if it can't do so then it just discards your typing.

As this happens mostly on my work computer, I suspect the security firewall there might be blocking the "save" traffic between my browser and the Furstralia server. I get around the problem by typing my message up separately (notepad or MS-Word) and pasting it in all at once.

There are A LOT of compatibility problems inherit to the Vanilla forums engine. I hope some day it will be possible for the Furstralia forums to get a new (or even the old) engine.
Wererstritchy
Furstralian
Furstralian

self deleting posts

Postby Wererstritchy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:32 pm

I don't think it's your firewall, or else it would be ours too.
Sebastian
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic

self deleting posts

Postby Sebastian » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:47 pm

Because....?
Wererstritchy
Furstralian
Furstralian

self deleting posts

Postby Wererstritchy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:14 am

If it was your firewall eating the words, then ours would be eating it too, except we have at least two different operations of firewalls, my brother made a custom one himself, you're using one based at work, and snappy fox would be using a commercial linux firewall put into the router he has.
Sebastian
Furstralian Fanatic
Furstralian Fanatic

self deleting posts

Postby Sebastian » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:24 pm

If they're different firewalls then they wouldn't necessarily act the same way. The firewall at work takes paranoia to a whole new level... like the managers who asked for it to be installed. It blocks access to all sorts of things. Sometimes I can't even access the train timetable website.

And now I'm having troulbe with the forum on my home computer too. It's not deleting what I type, but it's kicking the cursor out of the box every few seconds. 9_9.