RP: Elementals [Private: AC and Furr]

Keep the crap off the board and into the Ridiculous Corner. This is the perfect place for things like word and number games and forum games.
AustralianChaos
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Apex Dragon/Tigon

Re: RP: Elementals [Private: AC and Furr]

Postby AustralianChaos » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:05 pm

Darwing watched in fearful curiosity as Furr's machine yanked the first scale out, Darwing grimacing briefly, but otherwise seeming fine. If that had hurt, he didn't express it, gesturing for Furr to keep going, a small pile of broken, bent, and otherwise damaged scales soon on the grass next to the machine, Darwing watching in what seemed to be surprise as Furr went even further and bandaged up the exposed skin, letting the various cuts and bruises heal while the scales regrew. "I...thank you, Furr..." his voice was soft, as usual, but there was genuine gratitude there. "And I'm fine...my head hurts a bit, but not too bad." It was a bit of a lie, really. His head throbbed rather heavily where he'd knocked it on the ground, but with the scales up there undamaged and him hiding it well, it was nearly impossible to tell.

Serafyn, for her part, shook her head. "I'm fine, thanks to my brother," she said, smiling at him, getting a faint one in return as she sighed. "But...I suppose you want an explanation, huh?" she asked, raising a foreleg, letting the swirling mix of light and dark magic run through her claws visibly for a moment, before stopping the power, shuddering in discomfort at the feeling of the two seemingly incompatible elements mixing inside her. Darwing, for his part, looked confused and curious at the reminder of the magic she had displayed...having never seen her do it, himself.
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Species: Eastern Quoll

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:55 pm

"Let's have a look then." Furr pulls off his bloody gloves, dropping them on the pile of scales, and holds up a paw not far from Darwing's nose. "Focus on my paw for me and follow it with your eyes without moving your head." After watching the dragon's eyes for a bit, the small marsupial shines a light into them briefly, making sure the pupils contract properly and then declares the dragon sound.
"You're slightly concussed but you'll be okay. I think we won't do any more magic today. You'll need time to recover. Let me know if you feel sick at all or if you pass out again and don't go to sleep until the normal time tonight. Do you want anything for the headache?"

The quoll then looks across at Sera again, watching the magic.
"So... Do you need training too, Serafyn?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the incredible Rick Griffin and coloured by the amazing Arty Stu!
AustralianChaos
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby AustralianChaos » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:37 pm

Darwing sighed, shaking his head at the offer of medication, simply settling down in a comfortable position to rest, watching the conversation between Furr and Sera, the latter looking distinctly uncomfortable now her secret was out in the open.

"Look, I..." she started, seemingly trying to find the right words to express herself, looking distinctly uncomfortable. "You saw what happened, what my magic is, right?" she asked. "Light and Dark. Everyone I've ever talked to says it's impossible for those two elements to mix. In the opinion of every elemental expert out there, I should be dead. But I'm not...and when I've used it in the past, I've nearly hurt people because of how...unstable it is. You saw what happened in the fight. How are you supposed to control that?"
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:54 pm

"Well... It's true that you're unusual." Furr agrees, refraining from mentioning that she's probably right about the dead part. "But that doesn't mean that we can't still train you. I have heard of other mages using multiple types of magic before but never opposite types. But I think we should be able to train you to use both your magical types separately and if you can master that then perhaps you can combine them together for effect at times. So... What do you say? Wanna give it a go? Not today, obviously. I think we all need to debrief after what just happened. But tomorrow, maybe?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the incredible Rick Griffin and coloured by the amazing Arty Stu!
AustralianChaos
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby AustralianChaos » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:34 pm

Sera listened, though her face betrayed her thoughts as Furr tried to convince her to train. The part about training in each element separately to minimise the cases of backfiring certainly appealed to her, but she was still reluctant, having memories of hurting friends, and seemed like she'd rather have never had these abilities in the first place. Sighing, she decided to ignore the advice for now, focusing instead on the promise of holding things off until tomorrow while they discussed the lioness' attack.

"We'll talk about it tomorrow," she muttered, before settling in, staying close by Darwing, who was shaking a little now the danger and pain were over, comforting him as she spoke. "So...who was that lioness, anyway? Do you know her?" she asked, getting the ball rolling.
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Wed May 03, 2017 8:24 pm

"I've never seen her in my life." Furr admits. "I'm not even sure why she wanted that old staff either. It must have been valuable or she'd not have fought so hard for it. As far as I knew it was just a family heirloom. I take it neither of you two recognised her either?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

AustralianChaos
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby AustralianChaos » Thu May 04, 2017 2:13 pm

Both Sera and Darwing shook their heads...the anthro was completely unfamiliar to them as well. "No, never seen her before. Doubt either of us would ever want to know her, anyway. She seemed to know how to use magic, though...if I'm honest I think we got lucky," she admitted. "My mixed magic caught her by surprise, and she ran rather than try her luck."

For a few moments, the clearing was silent aside from the rustling of the leaves, the battle having scared any nearby critters off. When a voice next spoke up, Sera almost jumped...not expecting Darwing to speak aloud so soon after the fight. "So...are you going to try and get your staff back?" he asked Furr, quiet but brimming with curiosity, though a slight resigned inflection in his tone suggested he thought he already knew the answer. Having known the usual brawny, proud dragons he had grown up around, he was not expecting Furr to do anything other than give chase and get his trinket back, no matter the cost.
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Sat May 13, 2017 7:22 pm

I don't see how I can." Furr answers. "She could be anywhere by now. Although... Do either of you feel up to a quick flight to see if you can spot her through the trees? If you think you can grab the staff off her safely you can try but you don't have to. And please be careful."
Frostwood Forever! <3