RP: Elementals [Private: AC and Furr]

Keep the crap off the board and into the Ridiculous Corner. This is the perfect place for things like word and number games and forum games.
AustralianChaos
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Apex Dragon/Tigon

Re: RP: Elementals [Private: AC and Furr]

Postby AustralianChaos » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:48 pm

"Well, I was about to point out that relaxing exercised aren't going to get us very far, but you already seem to have worked that out," Sera answered softly. "Darwing is...different. It's not my place to say more, but you may have to take some unorthodox measures and methods with him. He's very shy and jumpy, and endlessly tense. I've been...helping him as best I can, but it's a long road. So if there's any instruction methods that account for that...we'd both appreciate it." Sera's words were carefully measured, if cryptic. There was clearly a lot in Darwing's past, and perhaps her own, that she was not comfortable discussing with him just now.
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Species: Eastern Quoll

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:02 pm

"I'll have to do a little research," Furr admits, "But I do have a few more things to try first. How does he normally respond to feeling frustrated or angry?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the incredible Rick Griffin and coloured by the amazing Arty Stu!
AustralianChaos
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby AustralianChaos » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:53 pm

Sera sighed. "I don't know...I've never seen him truly angry before, to be honest," she muttered. "If he does, he hides it very well. He's not very good with displaying his emotions or expressing himself a lot of the time." She looked back out over the trees, as it looking at him wherever he had gone to hunt, giving another heavy sigh. There was definitely a lot she wasn't saying. Whether for Darwing's sake, her own, or something else was hard to tell. But there was definitely secrets involving the young yellow mix-breed.
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:05 pm

Furrhan notes the sigh and the tone of voice the dragon is using.
"... Is there something I should know?" he asks quietly. "If you know something that's going to impact the training you should let me know for Darwing's safety and for yours and mine."
Frostwood Forever! <3

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the incredible Rick Griffin and coloured by the amazing Arty Stu!
AustralianChaos
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby AustralianChaos » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:11 pm

Sera grimaces at being caught out so easily. "Look, you probably should know...but it's not my place to say. Darwing would never trust me again if I told without his permission. He won't speak of it himself, and he's unlikely to want me to talk about it in his stead." He left out a heavy huff, thinking for a moment. "I could try and talk to him while we eat, but I don't expect much. I assure you it's nothing dangerous or malicious, though."

Soon enough, Darwing returned, apparently a good hunter judging by the short time he was gone. In his claws was a healthy, non-sentient feral buck, which he placed gently on the ground as he landed. He was quick to notice the tension between Furr and Sera, looking between then. "Is...something wrong?"
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:22 pm

"No, not at all." Furr assures Darwing with a smile. "That's a good looking buck you got there. I'll run down and get some ginger beer to go with it, if you like."
So saying, the quoll disappears into his burrow and leaves the two dragons alone.
Frostwood Forever! <3

AustralianChaos
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby AustralianChaos » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:36 pm

The two dragons soon fell into hushed conversation as Furr left them alone, Darwing immediately looking tense and nervous, not liking whatever Sera was saying to him.

But Furr would soon be focused on other things, as small noises made it apparent that someone else was in his burrow. Investigating would find a figure in his loungeroom, in front of his fireplace. The figure was tall...maybe five and a half feet tall, stooping over in his small room, though how they got in was a mystery. They wore baggy pants and a loose hoodie, obscuring their figure and features, the hood up and their back to the entryway, currently focused on the mantlepiece above the fireplace, where they were pulling an object out of a display case.

The object in question was a staff, about three feet long, carved from some kind of old, sturdy wood. Runes and symbols decorated the length of the staff, and at the end was a cage made to resemble the roots of a tree...tucked into which an emerald green crystal that glowed with a faint power. It was some kind of Earth Elemental Staff, though the use of a crystal instead of a gem made it something of an oddity. Staves, wands, and other such devices were still used by many magic users, especially Elementals, as a means of focusing their power. Gemstones embedded into such devices, or even just used alone, acted as power reservoirs, usually keyed to an element that matched the gem's colour; emeralds for Earth, rubies for Fire, and so on. Crystals, while able to store power like gemstones, were odd because there seemed to be no known way to tap into the power once it was stored. A small crystal could hold massive amounts of power, but without being able to draw from it, a staff like Furr's was seen as little more than a useless trinket, even though anyone with some skill in magic could sense a vast amount of power stored inside.

This figure had obviously taken an interest in the staff, either having heard of it beforehand, or just stumbling across it while there. Either way, they were obviously some kind of thief, intent on taking the staff.
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:41 pm

No sooner has the figure reached down the staff than his wrist is ensnared in a strong root that has shot from the earthen wall. His ankles are likewise entwined by solid vines growing from the floor.
"Ahem." Furr cough politely. "I think you'll find that belongs to me. And visitors normally knock at my door before coming in. Who are you and what are you doing here?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

AustralianChaos
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby AustralianChaos » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:50 pm

The figure did not seem too disturbed at all by the vines that ensnared them, almost as if they expected it. "Well well...I expected you to be out there longer," the figure spoke, the voice betraying them as female...possibly feline, by the accent. In a puff of dark, shadowy energy, the woman disappeared and reappeared two feet to her left, outside of the vines, using Shadow Elemental Magic with obviously practiced ease.

In the blink of an eye, she spun, a gloved paw flicking up almost lazily, a tendril of shadow energy snaking out from a claw like a whip, smacking Furr hard across the chest with the intent of knocking him off his feet and out of the way. "Stay down, squirt, and let's do this the easy way," the figure drawled, face hidden in the shadows of her hood as she made her way towards the stairwell. Her Shadow magic allowed to phase, a sort of teleportation through shadows...but it could only be done over relatively short distances, usually no more than fifty to a hundred meters for highly skilled Shadow users...though her affinity for her gave an obvious explanation for how she got in undetected.
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:54 pm

Furr does get set flying by the unexpected attack, smacking into the wall and knocking a photo frame to the ground. He's quickly back on his paws though, charging after the figure and sending roots and vines from the walls and floor in an attempt to trip her.
Frostwood Forever! <3