RP: Elementals [Private: AC and Furr]

Keep the crap off the board and into the Ridiculous Corner. This is the perfect place for things like word and number games and forum games.
AustralianChaos
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Apex Dragon/Tigon

Re: RP: Elementals [Private: AC and Furr]

Postby AustralianChaos » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:00 pm

Sera quickly looked at Darwing, getting a soft nod from him before smiling. "That sounds agreeable. Just need your address so we know where to go," she requested gently, whispering as she stepped in close so Darwing could not hear. "Thank you for this, sir. I'm not a fan of magic, but I haven't seen Darwing this curious or excited about anything that was not flying related. Just go easy on him in the lessons and we won't have a problem," she assured, smiling. "Will anyone else be there as well?" she asked. "Any family, or other magic students?"
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Species: Eastern Quoll

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:06 pm

"I'll do my best." the quoll assures the dragoness quietly.
"At the moment it's just you two and me. I don't have any regular apprentices. Although we may get creatures drop in from time to time for healing. As to my address, that's a little tricky... It's not a road or street, per se... How well do you know the woodlands?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the incredible Rick Griffin and coloured by the amazing Arty Stu!
AustralianChaos
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby AustralianChaos » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:58 pm

Serafyn smiled at the mention of woodlands. "Me and Dar fly the woods almost every day. Know the place like the back of our wings," she assured him. "Shouldn't be too hard to find you in that case, once we know what to look for.

Darwing, in the meantime, was happy to let his sister do the talking, though did seem to perk up a little at the mention of the woodlands...though whether it was the location itself or the comment of flying above them that put him at ease was impossible to tell.
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:04 pm

"Cool. So, do you know where the waterfall on Fern Creek is? From there go about half a kilometre north west to where the creek bends around to the north. You should spot a small bridge over the creek and a big, old blackwood tree just beyond that. My burrow is under the tree. The bridge is a bit subtle though. It's designed to look like a fallen log. Grew it myself." There is a hint of pride in the quoll's voice at this admission.
Frostwood Forever! <3

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the incredible Rick Griffin and coloured by the amazing Arty Stu!
AustralianChaos
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby AustralianChaos » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:14 pm

"That was you?" Sera exclaimed. "We've flown over that fallen log and I wondered how it got there with no sign of any felled trees in the area." She smiled at Darwing. "We know where that is, don't we?"

Darwing nodded, speaking up for once. "Mmhmm. The blackwood tree by the log crossing, tomorrow morning. We'll be there."
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:33 pm

"Mmhmm. I like to be subtle." Furr nods. "There's still a certain percentage of society that, shall we say, mistrusts magic. They wouldn't usually say it to a ten foot tall dragon but to a little guy like me they feel less inhibited. Still, I'm not fussed. Magic is a useful skill to have. I hope that doesn't put you off at all."
Frostwood Forever! <3

AustralianChaos
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby AustralianChaos » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:28 pm

Sera nodded stiffly. "I guess I understand. Once again, thank you for agreeing to help Darwing with this. This would have been a lot more confusing and stressful without your help, and to be honest, my brother's had enough stress to last several lifetimes already," she muttered, before dipping her head. "Farewell, Furrhan. We will see you in the morning," she said, obviously a goodbye, giving Darwing a gentle nudge.

The larger, but shier dragon twitched a bit, but similarly dipped his head. "Goodbye, Furr...thank you, again," he said once more. A few moments later, the two of them took to the skies. Their part in the show was over, and with the place winding down, it was their cue to leave.
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:02 pm

"No worries. See you in the morning!" the quoll smiles and waves before turning to attend to other patients.
Frostwood Forever! <3

AustralianChaos
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby AustralianChaos » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:18 pm

As promised, the two dragons arrived at Furr's blackwood tree the next morning, about two hours after sunrise. They both flew with a graceful ease that spoke of skill and experience.

Their landings in the grassy clearing near the tree only further emphasised this. Darwing's land was simple and light, a few gentle flaps easing his body to the ground with barely a sound, obviously very familiar with his abilities in the air. Serafyn's, on the other claw, was extremely graceful, bordering on showy, the aerobatic performer in her prevalent even away from the show.

Away from the crowds and noise of the show, Darwing seemed much more at ease, happier. He still seemed shy, instinctively curling his body into himself to look smaller than he was, but he was clearly curious and excited, no longer looking afraid of his own shadow.
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:18 pm

The forest is quiet, save for the trickle of the creek, the wind in the trees and the birdsong one almost invariably hears in these places. There are no signs of any creatures about either, save the bridge over the creek and a small timber door neatly fitted between the roots of a blackwood tree that sits on the small rise at the back end of the clearing. A polished wooden knocker hangs on the door below a small knothole in which glints a tiny bead of amber. The knocker, while well proportioned to a small creature, is small enough that a young dragon might wear it as a ring.

There's no sound from the burrow, any sounds of activity muffled by the solid earth. Perhaps the dragons should try the knocker.
Frostwood Forever! <3