RP: Elementals [Private: AC and Furr]

Keep the crap off the board and into the Ridiculous Corner. This is the perfect place for things like word and number games and forum games.
AustralianChaos
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Apex Dragon/Tigon

Re: RP: Elementals [Private: AC and Furr]

Postby AustralianChaos » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:21 pm

Darwing was the first to spot the door, pointing it out to Sera when it became obvious that Furr was nowhere to be seen. In the end, the Skydancer decided to approach, the doorway too small for either of them to fit through, though in a pinch Sera figured she might squeeze her head and neck in. Gently taking the knocker between two clawtips, she softly tapped it, stepping back to wait as Darwing looked around, taking in the sights and sounds of the clearing.
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Species: Eastern Quoll

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:13 pm

The tap echos slightly behind the door and a few moments later footsteps can be heard. An eye peers through the amber, invisible to all but the keenest observers and then the door opens to reveal a slightly out of breath Furrhan standing at the top of a steep flight of stairs and holding a box under his arm.
"Morning, you two! Welcome to my home!" he greets. "Whoo. I really need to install an elevator some time! So, ready to get started?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the incredible Rick Griffin and coloured by the amazing Arty Stu!
AustralianChaos
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby AustralianChaos » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:29 am

Darwing stepped back a bit as the door opened, seemingly on instinct, Sera equally instinctively half-stepping in front of him, but both offered a smile seeing Furr, even if Darwing's was strained and nervous. "Good morning," he replied, voice quiet as always, almost whispering. He did nod stiffly at the question of getting started, less in reluctance and more seeming to be tempering his eagerness. "So, uhh...we learning out here?" he asked. It was obvious neither him nor Sera were fitting through the door.

Speaking of Serafyn, she simply moved aside, letting the two of them get on with things, but making no move to leave. She obviously intended on staying close to Darwing's side...her protective watchfulness sometimes seeming more like that of a mother watching over a youngling, than a sister keeping an eye on a brother. Clearly there was more to these two dragons than what was immediately obvious.
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:41 pm

"Of course. I haven't worked out a shrinking potion that works yet." Furr jokes, setting down his box and seating himself on it.
"So, first thing's first. How much can you remember about when you used your magic? Do you remember what you did to use it or how it felt or what was going through your mind?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the incredible Rick Griffin and coloured by the amazing Arty Stu!
AustralianChaos
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby AustralianChaos » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:57 pm

Darwing and Sera similarly made themselves comfortable on the grass as Furr sat down; Darwing opting to laze on his belly, legs kicked out to his right side casually, though his muscles remained tense...ready to leap to his claws, or take to the air, at a moment's notice. His nervousness seemed to border on outright paranoia at times, the severity of it depending on his mood. Sera, however, settled on her belly with her legs tucked under her, much like a cat would, very much relaxed and happy to observe.

Darwing blinked, thinking back to the race at Furr's question. "I...it was all kind of a blur," he admitted softly. "That Skydancer slashed at my wings, and I lost control overcorrecting to get away. I knew I was going into the trees, and willed myself to pull up as hard as I could. I felt...something...and then that magic took over my wings and the air around me, changed the wind and the air pressure and let me pull up in time." He looked back at his charcoal black, half-feathered wings, fluttering them lightly, as if reacting to a tingle or something from the memory of the incident. "I'm sorry...I can't remember much more," he finished shamefully, head bowed. "I know it's not much."

Sera was quick to intervene, speaking gently. "Hey, Darwing, relax. You gave him plenty of information. More than I was aware of at any rate," she muttered, smiling encouragingly at him before turning to Furr. "Does that help you at all?" she asked.
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:17 pm

"No, it's excellent. It shows you were aware of it and that it was done consciously and not just through instinct. That means you have a much greater chance of mastering it." Furr encourages. "So. First thing's first. I'll get you to close your eyes and empty your head. Just focus on your breathing for a while and let the tension drain away. In. And out. In. And out. Good. Now, keep your eyes shut and search inside yourself, search inside your mind and body for the place that magic came from. See if you can feel it again. Will yourself to feel it. Let me know how you go. There's no rush. You can take your time if you want."
Frostwood Forever! <3

AustralianChaos
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby AustralianChaos » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:30 pm

Darwing nodded along with Furr's instructions, though was incredibly skeptical about how he was going to do this. He needed to be calm and relaxed for this? Still, he did not voice those concerns, noticing Sera glancing at him out of the corner of his eye; she clearly knew he would struggle with this as much as he did.

Still, nothing ventured, nothing gain, so Darwing did as told, closing his eyes and focusing on his breathing. In...out. In...out. He could feel his chest working beneath his scales, cycling precious air in and out of his lungs. His inward focus also allowed him to feel the tension in his muscles...a familiar sensation by now. It also allowed his mind to wander rather than clear, which did not help his attempts to relax. All the same, he persevered, breathing and trying to calm his body and mind. If he was getting frustrated, it did not show...but time passed, the sun climbing into the sky with no results to show for it.

Interestingly, Sera at one pointed followed along, closing her eyes and doing the same breathing exercises, though her reasons remained her own, and she periodically opened her eyes to keep an eye on Darwing, vigilant as always. But as noon approached, it became more and more obvious that no results were forthcoming. The tension remained in Darwing's body...whatever he was doing, he was not relaxed, and certainly not calm. If anything, he was more tense now than when they started. Despite not being his student, Sera seemed to be having better luck, her breathing slow and even, body loose and relaxed, though she displayed no magic. Given this was Darwing's lesson, not hers, she probably was not even trying, merely giving herself a chance to unwind a bit.
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:33 pm

Furr waits with curiosity matched only by his patience to see if Darwing has any results or if he'll give up.
Frostwood Forever! <3

AustralianChaos
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby AustralianChaos » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:38 pm

Darwing, for all his apparent tension, seemed to have near endless patience, only stopping when Sera finally nudged him gently to get his attention.

"Alright, Dar, that's enough. It's noon, we should take a lunch break," she said, her voice gentle and melodic as always, especially when Darwing seemed hesitant to stop, looking at Furr worriedly, as though he'd be angry for the lack of results. "Relax, you tried your best. No-one expected you to get far on your first day." She gave him a smile. "Why don't you go fly, find us some lunch while I talk to Furr for a bit?"

Darwing nodded, turning to Furr quickly. "Sorry I couldn't get any results this morning. Anything you want me to catch specifically? Or don't you eat meat?" he asked, voice betraying his nerves.
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:42 pm

"It's okay. It's only the first day. And since that hasn't worked there are heaps of other things we can try. And yes, I do eat meat but I'm not too picky. Bandicoot is my favourite although they're usually nocturnal."

Once Darwing has left, Furr looks at Sera.
"So, what's on your mind then?"
Frostwood Forever! <3