Binding of Issac

For all your gaming needs! Because deep down inside all Furries are gamers!
Anoni
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Fox

Binding of Issac

Postby Anoni » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:09 pm

Has anyone else played this fantastic game?
I know a few people who have played it and I definitely recommend it, especially if you were a fan of Super Meat Boy (it's made by the same people)
I've beaten mums heart 4 times, still 5 more to go until I unlock the other stuff :P
Crash
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Feral Western Dragon

Binding of Issac

Postby Crash » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:41 pm

I have, I have yet to beat it, though. I've unlocked a few of the characters, Cain, Eve and the one with all the health (all by sheer luck, mind you. I unlocked Eve and accidently killed myself doing it, whups).

Like I said, I have yet to beat it, I don't think I've even done the first set of levels, I always die in the caves somewhere. It is good fun, though!
Anoni
Newcomer
Newcomer

Binding of Issac

Postby Anoni » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:09 pm

Yeah you will notice it gets easier the more you play. Once you beat mom the game just seems easier, if you keep trying you'll eventually get at it, it took me over 25 hours of game time to beat her XD

If you ever want to know some tactics LIKE GODDAMN DEFEATING THAT EVIL MAN GIRDIE (he is impossible unless you learn that you can actually walk behind him)) I can talk to you, but I haven't gotten super far, my friend beat the chest! I watched him on skype chat!

Do you have the expansion DLC The Wrath of the Lamb?
Joey
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Coonfox

Binding of Issac

Postby Joey » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:38 pm

Yeah you will notice it gets easier the more you play. Once you beat mom the game just seems easier, if you keep trying you'll eventually get at it, it took me over 25 hours of game time to beat her XD

If you ever want to know some tactics LIKE GODDAMN DEFEATING THAT EVIL MAN GIRDIE (he is impossible unless you learn that you can actually walk behind him)) I can talk to you, but I haven't gotten super far, my friend beat the chest! I watched him on skype chat!

Do you have the expansion DLC The Wrath of the Lamb?[/quote]

The game will get harder soon. Once you beat mom's heart a certain number of times it makes enemies harder (more hp, harder bosses). Also WoTL is awesome but is even harder. I have nearly gotten all of the chevies, up on something like 90 hours play time. Haven't touched it in a while though.
Crash
Newcomer
Newcomer

Binding of Issac

Postby Crash » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:58 pm

Do you have the expansion DLC The Wrath of the Lamb?[/quote]

Yeah, using Cain I've gotten further with Isaac, but I fluked him finding a dollar after blowing up a slot machine. Hehe, well, I play it off and on (I will not let the silly game beat me!), so I don't put too much time into it, I think I have... 9 hours on it? Something like that.

I don't have Wrath of Lamb, but I do know some things here and there.

Oh boy, just what I need, the game to get harder. Hehe.
Anoni
Newcomer
Newcomer

Binding of Issac

Postby Anoni » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:06 am

You should totally get Wrath of the lamb man! It adds a lot more to the game including three more rooms and two new secret rooms.

See this is how it works (Found this from a friend and achievements not from the internet)

Beat Mom -> Unlock the Womb (two worlds that eventually go to the Moms Heart)
Beat Moms Heart 9x (It lives once) -> Sheol (Hell)
Beat Sheol with every character -> Unlock The Final Chapter (Only wrath of the lamb)
Beat The Final Chapter with every character -> Unlock the Chest (Only wrath of the lamb (It's also incredibly hard D:))
Beat the Chest with every character -> You won

...so you have some time yet to beat the game xD
Fuzzyball
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Snowliopard

Binding of Issac

Postby Fuzzyball » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:27 am

I'm surprised Ragnarakk hasn't commented here yet.
I introduced him to this game at FurJAM last year, and he's put over 190 hours into it on Steam now.
I've only put about 20 hours into it myself, beat Mom once or twice but that's about it.
I enjoy it, but I tend to die a lot. I've managed to unlock most of the characters. I think Judas is the only one left that I haven't unlocked yet.
Crash
Newcomer
Newcomer

Binding of Issac

Postby Crash » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:29 am

You should totally get Wrath of the lamb man! It adds a lot more to the game including three more rooms and two new secret rooms.

See this is how it works (Found this from a friend and achievements not from the internet)

Beat Mom -> Unlock the Womb (two worlds that eventually go to the Moms Heart)
Beat Moms Heart 9x (It lives once) -> Sheol (Hell)
Beat Sheol with every character -> Unlock The Final Chapter (Only wrath of the lamb)
Beat The Final Chapter with every character -> Unlock the Chest (Only wrath of the lamb (It's also incredibly hard D:))
Beat the Chest with every character -> You won

...so you have some time yet to beat the game xD[/quote]

So I can see. I have enough trouble as is with it. Mostly because I don't play it often and I have awful luck with items and pills (Cain helps with the pills anyway). I wasn't expecting it to have so much stuff to go through, I know one of my friends was telling me about it, he's beaten Mom's Heart a bunch.

Same with Fuzzy, I enjoy it but I tend to die a lot.

... I think "some time" is a slight understatement.
Anoni
Newcomer
Newcomer

Binding of Issac

Postby Anoni » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:08 pm

hehe that is true! But hey, that means there's a lot to play :P

Cain is probably the best character to use, because he has the lucky foot which only gives good pills :P
Crash
Newcomer
Newcomer

Binding of Issac

Postby Crash » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:15 pm

hehe that is true! But hey, that means there's a lot to play :P

Cain is probably the best character to use, because he has the lucky foot which only gives good pills :P[/quote]

That it does, more to play is good. I don't play it often though, usually when I don't feel like thinking much or want to kill a little time.

Yeah, my friend who's beaten Mom's heart said Cain was the best to beat it with, so I took his advice and just went with it.

Hehe yeah, as Cain I usually nom all the pills I find, within reason.