What do you prefer to play games with?

For all your gaming needs! Because deep down inside all Furries are gamers!
Wererstritchy
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: Goat

Postby Wererstritchy » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:37 am

There are a new slew of consoles out in the 2012-2013 period, Wii-U, Xbox one, PS4, the Ouya... but there are many consoles that came before that as well, each with its own ups and downs.
I know I had a Nintendo 64, a gameboy colour, and am recently getting a DSi XL for my birthday as a hand-me-down. But there are many consoles that were out there, and had games that were awesome with them.

Furthermore, computers seem to have a great majority of games, including ones that consoles have. I remember back in the late 90s that Putt-putt the purple golf buggy, and Lenny the musical penguin were awesome characters in click and point games, as well as the famous Chip's Challenge. Unfortunately, due to upgrades to pc operating systems, we have to get special programs in order to play them anymore.

To summarise, there are many games out there, many awesome, awesome games from way back in the early 90s right through to the current time, and sometimes some ways to play games are better either due to the system set-up, the powerful graphics, or the community behind them.

What's your favourite way to play games?
CuriousDragon
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Dragon

Postby CuriousDragon » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:50 pm

I've always played on PC because... that's what I had and the games on it were always more entertaining that what I could play on consoles. But I had fun with consoles as well such as Mega Drive II, I played the hell out of Mortal Kombat 2 and Sonic 2.
Wererstritchy
Furstralian
Furstralian

Postby Wererstritchy » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:31 am

I will admit, pc makes it very easy to do non-mainstream games, ouya is starting to bust through on that capacity too. Speaking of which does anyone have an ouya yet?
CuriousDragon
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby CuriousDragon » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:22 pm

The Ouya is a strange oddity to me. But I guess its good if you can't afford the new consoles right away.
Wererstritchy
Furstralian
Furstralian

Postby Wererstritchy » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:48 pm

I will admit games that i like are puzzles and some action games mostly involving combinations and a little bit of quicktime complexity. These, however, are few and far between. As such, pc and ouya tends to work up my alley.
Tusk
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Tusk » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:46 pm

Have never heard of the Ouya, but kinda looks like a Steam box. Actually thinking of getting a Steam box over the PS4 as there is hardly anything on there i want to get other than elder scrolls online and Destiny, and hopefully if destiny comes out on pc i wont get a PS4.

But to the matter at hand. I started my gaming addiction on the NES (which is still in its original working order ^_^) and the nostalgia is definitely there. But i would say PC is the way to go, easy to connect and user friendly.
"Dumbness causes pain"
"Shhhh. My common sense is tingling"
Wererstritchy
Furstralian
Furstralian

Postby Wererstritchy » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:37 am

I am interested in this steam box, what is it?
CuriousDragon
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby CuriousDragon » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:14 am

The Steam Box is pretty much a computer built by Valve that runs Steam OS. It's competition against Microsoft Windows.
Wererstritchy
Furstralian
Furstralian

Postby Wererstritchy » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:59 am

and pobably chromebox inspired.
FoxTailedCritter
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: ►Vampire fox

Postby FoxTailedCritter » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:15 pm

I play mostly with the keyboard and mouse on PC.

Favorite console ever was the N64 (for me) i do sometimes use a third party controer that is a rip off it.

I can use this made in china rip off N64 controller on my PC for a retro feel. ^u^ <3
Everything you say or do has ripple effects....
Be the change you want to see in the world.