where the heck is everybody?

Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Species: Eastern Quoll

Re: where the heck is everybody?

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Sun May 08, 2016 1:16 pm

While it's true that we're not as active as we used to be, Slugoil, the fact is that we won't become active again without new users like you joining up and posting. There are definitely facebook groups that can connect you with other furs in your area but forums like this are a great way to connect with people too. Please give us a chance and tell your friends about us before leaving so quickly.
Frostwood Forever! <3

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the incredible Rick Griffin and coloured by the amazing Arty Stu!
Serence Frostbite
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: 8-tailed-fox-shaped ice spirit

Postby Serence Frostbite » Sun May 08, 2016 7:10 pm

I hope so too . There are still people around though
Slugoil
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Slugoil » Mon May 09, 2016 8:03 pm

GONE
Last edited by Slugoil on Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wererstritchy
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: Goat

Postby Wererstritchy » Fri May 13, 2016 10:31 am

I understand your plight. I have facebook, and only because it allows me to keep in touch with people. I run events on there, talk to people on there, and usually forget to look at it for months at a time, but it's really active... too active.

I'm trying to see if there is a better way to manage things. Right now, I just have the messenger app on my phone so that people can talk to me, but if I want updates, that's emailed to me, if it's specifically me as an invite, or named. There's a few settings, but I feel that there isn't enough, but that also going to overwhelm an average facebook user who just want general things.

Furstralia is a very long-term situation, that allows people to look at the past and catch up to the present. It's great for long-term and large, collaborative and public discussions.

Facebook is a lot about the future. This event is coming up, this is happening near you, someone just posted this! Like, Comment, Friend! That's a sort of ruthless advertising that I don't like, but people sort of just follow the rules and not think independently on it. Furstralia is very self-driven. If you don't add... nothing will happen.

I like that. It gives me a calm, clear thought that doesn't require a speedy need to fight to the tooth to get someone to listen or see a comment you made. When you have a busy life... you don't have time to see everyone's posts, sometimes you might not see them for a week or two. Facebook is terrible for that, and is really not for someone like me who will look at something once a day, or disappear for a week or two.

Internet is cheap nowadays, but I prefer to keep in contact with a few good friends and colleagues than to live in the overwhelming world of Facebook.

I am wondering if a topical discussion on facebook might be in order.

N.B. This post took me several hours to write, over the course of about 6-7 days. I feel it's much less... blab all at once. Take what you will, but I will prefer forums to facebook any day.
Slugoil
Newcomer
Newcomer

Postby Slugoil » Sun May 15, 2016 1:19 pm

GONE
Last edited by Slugoil on Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Mon May 16, 2016 4:59 pm

When I lived in North Queensland I found there wasn't much in the way of furry groups on facebook either. I'm not sure exactly where you are in QLD but you could try messaging the admins of the groups you've joined and asking to be added, or you could withdraw your application and then join again to make it appear fresh and remind them that it's there.

As to necroposting, you can post wherever you like as long as you're adding something to the discussion and as long as you're not trying to buy something that's already been sold!
Frostwood Forever! <3

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the incredible Rick Griffin and coloured by the amazing Arty Stu!
Pingu
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Little Penguin

Postby Pingu » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:08 pm

Welp, I will admit that I completely forgot about here *lowers head* got sidetracked with meeting furs in person
Rule 1: The Penguin is ALWAYS RIGHT
Rule 2: If the Penguin is wrong, refer to Rule 1
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:08 am

Well, I'm glad you remembered us again! Welcome back!
Frostwood Forever! <3

Draqen
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Bull

Postby Draqen » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:56 pm

I've been finding that the Facebook groups tend to go really quiet for a long time, either that or maybe i'm not joined to the ones that are actually active? XD. Which ones are the active ones for NSW?
Serence Frostbite
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: 8-tailed-fox-shaped ice spirit

Postby Serence Frostbite » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:49 pm

FB seems to be getting a bit quieter in recent years to be honest , at least in my experience , people just use it to post selfie and pictures of food these days (why?!) .