where the heck is everybody?

Unknown

Postby Unknown » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:52 am

I tried to get a BBQ rolling not long ago, It got zero responses even though I went around people's FA pages and IM contacts sending invitations it was unusual. Normally I get a handfull of people turn up at least.

Also, FTC. yes I'm back in australia and I will be going to rivfur, see ya there.
Unknown

Postby Unknown » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:53 pm

Not enough interesting threads to keep coming back to
Unknown

Postby Unknown » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:08 pm

I miss this place, so many interesting people and opinions used to be found here :)
Unknown

Postby Unknown » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:08 pm

The coffee meet in Sydney chugs along still! theres about 20-30 peeps going to that, though its not advertised on FB much, The Sydney Furry Coffee meet (SydFurCM) is on the 1st and 3rd thursdays of the month.. and is currently at a cafe right next to Town Hall Station, "My Sweet Memory"

and theres that new "SFM" Sydney Furry meets, that Capt otter/Mr Wolf & co are organising, its on this weekend too actually! (though from reading their FB posts, they pretty much refuse to post it anywhere else other than FB.. due to it being annoying to cross post it everywhere)
Unknown

Postby Unknown » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:04 pm

see kai, I dont even know where these things are on facebook it's not publicly advertised which makes it all clichey as shit, but I'm glad you told me. I'll see you there if you're going.
Faldor
Professional Procrastinator
Species: South East Island Dragon

Re: where the heck is everybody?

Postby Faldor » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:04 pm

Well I don't know about anybody else, But I'm still here!
Please forgive the lateness of my reply.
Wererstritchy
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: Goat

Postby Wererstritchy » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:11 pm

It's a bit sad, it fell by the wayside. You happen to know any others down your way, Faldor?
Faldor

Postby Faldor » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:48 pm

I know a few from central coast (on skype) and from western Sydney (Facebook).

An issue with encouraging them to use this website is that there is no real incentive for them, "why would I use this site when most of my friends are are already on Facebook/skype?" and "I'd love to try and make new friends but communities like this seam dead..."

I guess if there was something more on here to encourage people not only to frequently use but also expand the community a bit it would help.

Unfortunately I don't know the answer on how to do this, but anything I could do to help, I am always willing to lend a hand.
Wererstritchy
Furstralian
Furstralian
Species: Goat

Postby Wererstritchy » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:01 am

We appreciate that. The best thing we could hope for is activity bu just simply adding to the forums. There are three admins on board and we're working on making ourselves more visible and inclusive. That's both us as administration, and us as in Furstralia as a whole.
Faldor

Postby Faldor » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:29 pm

Perhaps by making the forums a more centralised hub for activity by having "Forum exclusive content", I guess kind of like how Some YouTube'rs release a video on their network a day or so in advanced of having it on YouTube (as an example).

Maybe even integration with social media platforms?

If you want I could list some more ideas? or even try "shamelessly plugging" the site? :P