where the heck is everybody?

KaiAdin
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Housekitty

Re: where the heck is everybody?

Postby KaiAdin » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:04 pm

Draqen wrote:I've been finding that the Facebook groups tend to go really quiet for a long time, either that or maybe i'm not joined to the ones that are actually active? XD. Which ones are the active ones for NSW?
If you mean by lately.. yea sorta, if anything the rate of random posts has gone down on the Group pages, because the admins are cracking down on the spammy posts, Most peeps are just posting on their personal feeds. Basically the NSWfurs group is the main Facebook group for our state!

ALso.. Telegram Messenger has become popular as of late in the global and Australian Furry community lately, so a lot of random chit chat and such has moved there, groups are usually along State lines, or for particular topics, SFW and NSFW.
Reaver
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: snow leopard

Postby Reaver » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:45 am

just signed up about half hour ago to try to find launceston locals... saw the title and first thought was a location request... upon reading I found otherwise :)

as has been said before, forums in general have been on the decline in recent years... it started with myspace, if anyone here remembers that one :)

just fyi, I write stories as a hobby, so if anyone wants a thread started, I can pitch in and do my part in a revival effort sort of thing...

Looking forward to getting to know everyone, and I hope things pick up again
"Know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed." - Zoe.
Furrhan Blackwood
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Species: Eastern Quoll

Postby Furrhan Blackwood » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:24 pm

Hey, welcome, Reaver! Great to have you!
I'm in Kingston, just below Hobart. ^^ I do know some other Tasmanian furs though including some from Launceston. ^^
Frostwood Forever! <3

"The best doesn't always happen, but you can make the best of what does happen. And if you can do that, you're gonna be happy." - Red Foo's dad.

Avatar drawn by the incredible Rick Griffin and coloured by the amazing Arty Stu!
SlyShalashaska
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Reinzebra

Postby SlyShalashaska » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:43 pm

I've had an account on here for ages but forgot completely about it until yesterday... Figured I'd try and be a little active as I'm trying to meet new people. I pretty well got into the fandom through a forum, but instant messaging took me away from them!
KonekoKatsuragi
Newcomer
Newcomer
Species: Wolf

Postby KonekoKatsuragi » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:18 am

i'm here :D
I actually found this place through FA it was a surprise to find other Australian members on there after only seeing people from other country's.